Contract and Proposal Associate
A contract and proposal associate is primarily responsible for the support in development of profitable but realistic proposals and contracts. He or she will drive the scope of work and budgeting processes as well as ongoing monitoring of contracts compliance.
Role and Responsibilities
- Evaluation of the Request For Proposal (RFP) documentation received from the client
- Organizing and participating in strategy meetings to identify issues and client requirements with regards to a received RFP
- Establishing agreement on timelines and deliverables from the strategy meeting, and follow-up to ensure adherence
- Creating and updating accurate budgets, which reflects both the company's and client needs assuring accuracy, consistency and competitiveness
- Creating and updating client specific proposals including text, study assumptions tables, task and responsibility tables and timetables
- Participating in client meetings such as teleconferences, face-to-face meetings and bid defenses
- Initiation – in cooperation with Business Development – and preparation of contracts, including payment schedules
- Reviewing clients comments on the above mentioned contract and support in performing contract negotiations.
- Adaptation and finalization of the above mentioned contracts.
- Preparing – in cooperation with Project Manager – Change Orders. Reviewing and/or preparation other agreements such as vendor agreement, confidentiality agreement, investigator agreement
- Contributing to other areas of SMS-oncology business as required
Qualifications and Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate
- Academic degree, preferable in sciences
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Preferable experience in proposal and/or contract development at a Contract Research Organization (CRO)
- Preferable two or more years of experience in clinical research.
- Good computer skills with advanced Microsoft Excel and Word knowledge.
- Negotiation and excellent communication skills
- Ability to deal with both details as well as the overall picture
- Pragmatic and pro-active
- Detail and service oriented
- Flexible and ability to comply with strict deadlines
- Team player
What can SMS-oncology offer you?
Our mission is to provide Direction to our clients during the entire drug development path from Drug to Data to Dossier (the so-called “4D” concept). Becoming an SMS-oncology employee allows you to actively contribute to bringing innovative cancer therapies to patients. As a fast-growing dynamic company, we offer exciting opportunities to further develop yourself. We invest in our employees, want them to be happy and secure in their jobs, and to become autonomous, flexible, oncology experts that deliver high-quality work.
If you have any questions or want to apply, please contact our recruitment department at +31 (0) 20 4350 580 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated.