SMS-oncology's CRA-academy offers new university graduates a unique opportunity to start their career in clinical cancer research.
If selected, you will take part in a 3-month program and receive comprehensive, individualized, hands-on training in drug development and clinical research. The academy is based in our office in Amsterdam, and consists of an experienced team of healthcare professionals whose goal is to help you become an oncology Clinical Research Associate (CRA) at SMS-oncology. Upon completion of the program, you will continue to receive on the job training as a CRA within our project teams.
As an oncology CRA you will be responsible for ensuring that investigational sites perform clinical studies according to the study protocol and in compliance with Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs), applicable regulations and the principles of Good Clinical Practice (GCP). You will act as the main line of communication between the sponsor and the investigators and will perform regular monitoring visits. You will also assist in identifying, selecting and initiating investigational sites.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for highly motivated young professionals that have (recently) graduated from university and are eager to start their career in clinical research in cancer. We prefer candidates who are fast-learners with a strong interest in oncology and keen to contribute to anti-cancer drug development by becoming a CRA at SMS-oncology.
Qualifications and characteristics:
- Degree in medicine, health care, life sciences or related fields
- Interest in oncology
- Understanding of the Dutch language
- Fluency in written and spoken English and at least one other language such as French, German or Spanish
- In possession of a driving license
- Good communication skills
- Representative and outgoing
- Administrative excellent
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Willing to travel up to 30%
CRA roles and responsibilities:
- Identifying and recruiting investigational sites
- Performing selection visits
- Assisting in the preparation of regulatory submission packages and obtaining approval from investigational sites
- Performing initiation visits
- Performing monitoring visits to verify that source data/documents and other trial records are accurate, complete, and maintained
- Verifying patient eligibility and communicate document protocol violations and non-compliance
- Verifying whether Serious Adverse Events are reported according to safety regulations
- Acting as the main line of communication between the sponsor and the investigator
- Checking drug accountability and handling at the investigational sites
- Preparation and maintenance of all necessary study files and documentation
- Ensuring that investigators achieve their patient recruitment targets
- Liaising with the project manager to ensure he/she is kept informed about study progress at the sites
- Preparation of monitoring visit reports
- Ensuring a timely and accurate resolution of data management queries
- Assisting in the performance of feasibility studies
- Supporting site staff in preparation for trial site audits and inspections
- Travel up to 30%
- Contributing to other areas of SMS-oncology business as required
What can SMS-oncology offer you?
Our CRA-academy offers you a unique chance at becoming a CRA at SMS-oncology and start a career in drug development. As a fast-growing dynamic company, we offer exciting opportunities to further develop yourself. We invest in our employees, want them to be happy and secure in their jobs, and to become autonomous, flexible, oncology experts that deliver high-quality work.
Interested in making the first step in your career?
The oncology CRA-academy is held at regular intervals. If you have any questions or want to apply, please contact our recruitment department at +31 (0) 20 4350 580 or send an email to email@example.com.