Business Development Director
Are you a keen networker who thrives on hunting possible clients and proactively identifying business opportunities? Do you consider being surrounded by many people as your natural habitat and are you known for your persuasive, proactive character? Do you flourish in building strong long-lasting relationships with clients and finding out about needs they may not have realized themselves?
We are looking for an experienced professional with the ambition to contribute to build and establish SMS-oncology’s reputation as the leading oncology CRO – somebody with the passion to identify new clients, achieve or exceed sales targets, and who is on top of client’s oncology product portfolio and needs.
Role and responsibilities:
- Continuously and proactively identify prospective new clients and business opportunities within assigned geographical regions
- Build and foster relationships with key decision-makers of new and existing clients and obtain in-depth understanding of the client’s organization to match and leverage (changing) client’s needs with SMS-oncology’s services
- Visit clients, arrange meetings at conferences and follow-up on contacts to acquire follow-up meetings, request for proposals (RFPs), and bid defense meetings to meet (or exceed) annual sales targets
- Support the preparation of proposals and contracts tailored to client’s (implicit) requested assumptions, perspective and deadlines
- Provide leadership and direction in bid defense meeting processes to bring in sales
- Responsible for aftersales (following verbal award) to close the deal
- Life science and/or healthcare background, and/or MBA degree
- At least 4 years extensive selling experience in a similar position within the clinical development area in biotech companies, pharmaceutical companies and/or contract research organizations
- Established network within the clinical development area in biotech companies, pharmaceutical companies and contract research organizations
- Proven track record in achieving sales targets
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Commercial drive and strong presentation skills
- Pragmatic and energetic with personal drive and passion
- Outgoing, self-motivated and social intelligent
- Questioning and listening skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 30% of the time
You will be part of SMS-oncology’s business development (BD) team that is responsible for sales & acquisition, account management, marketing, and the customer relationship management (CRM) system. BD works in close collaboration with the contracts and proposals (CAP) department. The BD team reports to the Chief Business Development Officer.
SMS-oncology is one of the few CROs in the world solely dedicated to oncology. With our unique business model of integrating oncology drug development affairs and clinical operations, we cover the whole value chain from trial design to the setup, management and completion of phase I to IV oncology trials. We specialize in early phase, pediatric and immuno-oncology trials.
Our goal is to be the leading oncology CRO. We believe that oncology trials require oncology experts. Our clients can rely on our expertise and our proactive, responsive and pragmatic approach. Our mission is to excel in oncology trials for the benefit of our clients and cancer patients worldwide.
SMS-oncology nurtures a high performance culture, provides continuous training, offer unique opportunities to learn, and stimulates personal and organizational development. Our high performance culture impacts our retention rate positively, as represented by our industry leading rate of ~95%.
What can SMS-oncology offer you?
- Be part of one of the few oncology CROs in the world to contribute to the development of innovative cancer therapies
- Thrive in a fast growing, dynamic and inspiring working environment
- Enjoy a competitive salary package including a bonus agreement
- Flourish in a high-performance culture that stimulates personal development and values happiness, autonomy and proactivity
- Get exciting opportunities to further develop yourself in more senior positions and/or more responsibilities
Do you want to know more about this vacancy, please contact our recruitment team via +31 (0)20 4350580.