Oncology Drug Development Consultant
Do you thrive on providing strategic guidance to biotech or pharma companies? Are you an expert in oncology drug development with both academic and industry experience? Do you have the exceptional skill of simplifying complex issues into understandable concepts and advice?
A full time scientist to be part of our oncology drug development affairs team at SMS-oncology. The consultant will develop advice reports at every stage of a sponsor’s product development cycle (pre-clinical and clinical), and will be responsible for completing and managing consultancy and strategic advice projects as requested by our sponsors.
- The technical and scientific review and evaluation of pre-clinical and clinical profiles of novel oncology drugs / diagnostics.
- Familiarization and expertise in standard of care practices in oncology for potential target indications.
- Providing a clear scientific and clinical summary of the findings in the form of comprehensive reports and presentations.
- Putting recommendations forward for developing drug target profiles and for different scenarios of the clinical development of a specific compound. These tasks are primarily done by performing desk research using scientific literature and databases, attending trainings and conferences specific for oncology and drug development.
- Using the expertise in oncology and drug development to support the acquisition of new drug development- as well as clinical-projects.
- Leading and performing medical and regulatory writing activities.
- Providing scientific support and training on developments in the field of oncology to other employees at SMS-oncology.
- A PhD plus relevant industry experience in oncology / drug development is required. A background in clinical training/trials is an advantage.
- Expert knowledge and direct experience in principles and concepts of oncology in the context of drug or diagnostic development.
- Strategic thinker capable of clearly relaying scientific and clinical information to a variety of audiences.
- Able to synthesize complex issues and questions to provide guidance and a clear steer.
- Excellent written and oral skills in English, experience in medical writing is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience to successful manage multiple projects at varying stages of development. Able to prioritize the work.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Thoughtful, energetic individual with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
You will be part of SMS-oncology’s Oncology Drug Development Affairs team that provides consultancy services ranging from pre-clinical drug development analysis, toxicology and pharmacological data review, clinical development planning to strategic steer for novel & innovative compounds or diagnostics. Read more about this department.
SMS-oncology is one of the few CROs in the world solely dedicated to oncology. With our unique business model of integrating oncology drug development affairs and clinical operations, we cover the whole value chain from trial design to the setup, management and completion of phase I to IV oncology trials. We specialize in early phase, pediatric and immuno-oncology trials.
Our goal is to be the leading oncology CRO. We believe that oncology trials require oncology experts. Our clients can rely on our expertise and our proactive, responsive and pragmatic approach. Our mission is to excel in oncology trials for the benefit of our clients and cancer patients worldwide.
SMS-oncology nurtures a high performance culture, provides continuous training, offer unique opportunities to learn, and stimulates personal and organizational development. Our high performance culture impacts our retention rate positively, as represented by our industry leading rate of ~95%.
What can SMS-oncology offer you?
- Be part of one of the few oncology CROs in the world to contribute to the development of innovative cancer therapies
- Thrive in a fast growing, dynamic and inspiring working environment
- Flourish in a high-performance culture that stimulates personal development and values happiness, autonomy and proactivity
- Get exciting opportunities to further develop yourself in more senior positions and/or more responsibilities
Do you want to know more information regarding this vacancy, please contact our recruitment team via +31 (0)20 4350580.